lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Delgado" <joaquin.delg...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:39:23 GMT
Hi,

I would like to propose implementing "Indexing Boolean Expressions" (See
http://www.vldb.org/pvldb/2/vldb09-83.pdf) as a Lucene-based project for
GSoC.

Here is a snippet from the Abstract of the paper:
"We consider the problem of efficiently indexing Disjunctive Normal Form
(DNF) and Conjunctive Normal Form (CNF) Boolean expressions over a
high-dimensional multi-valued attribute space. The goal is to rapidly find
the set of Boolean expressions that evaluate to true for a given assignment
of values to attributes. A solution to this problem has applications in
online advertising (where a Boolean expression represents an advertiser’s
user targeting requirements, and an assignment of values to attributes
represents the characteristics of a user visiting an online page) and in
general any publish/subscribe system (where a Boolean expression
represents a subscription, and an assignment of values to attributes
represents an event)."

Any interest?

-- J