lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: super-large sysout logs from tests?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:49:59 GMT
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yonik, I remember you had a problem with OOMs when the master was
> buffering super large outputs from slave JVMs.

Yep, and I think Mark has had the same issue.
IIRC, sometimes it was very difficult to tell - you would see an "JVM
exited abnormally" message or something.

> I haven't worked on
> this issue, but I had it somewhere in the back of my head. Is this
> something that is important/ of priority? I don't see any tests
> dumping a lot of output at the moment.

That's because by default the level is set to SEVERE now.
The issue happens when we set that to INFO to help debug what's happening.

-Yonik
lucidimagination.com