lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing our Wiki software?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:17:59 GMT
Ryan had started on it some time ago, but was never completed.  One of the nice things about
Confluence is you can skin it to look similar to the website.  In fact, for Mahout, we've
done exactly that.  I think there are some scripts to automate the migration.

FWIW, I also think we should think about re-organizing some of our docs so that it is easier
for beginners to get started and also to have a lot more of it be a reference manual.  This
goes for both Lucene and Solr.

On Feb 7, 2012, at 10:09 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> As long as I'm talking about possible improvements I'd like to work on:
>
> Anyone else have an itch to dump moin moin for confluence? I've used both, and I think
that confluence is just far superior.

> Also, moin moin has a very dated look, and it's hard to make modern looking wiki pages
- confluence looks much more modern in general, and its just easier to do most things. This
is something I've been thinking about for a couple years now.

> Getting a confluence wiki seems as simple as opening an infra JIRA. I think I've seen
there may be some ways to transfer content as well. Perhaps someone else knows more. But even
if there is not, I'd be for a manual migration (and would contribute towards that). There
are other issues around old links and what not, but I think others have made this move, so
perhaps there are acceptable ways to mitigate that pain?