lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <>
Subject Re: Welcome David Smiley
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:03:17 GMT
Thanks Mikhail.  Here's why:

~ David

On Feb 10, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Mikhail Khludnev [via Lucene] wrote:

I'm joining to all congratulations above!
Btw, as well you have password, why don't commit SOLR-2155?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM, David Smiley ( <[hidden email]<x-msg://154/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3733295&i=0>>
Wow! It is truly an honor to be selected by the Lucene PMC to join the
committer ranks.  You are a top notch team of coders working on one of the
most important open-source projects.

About me:

My technical background is all tiers of web development with a focus on the
middle tier and Java.  Of course I have expertise in Lucene and Solr but I
also focus on geospatial matters as well as threading / concurrency.  I like
solving hard interesting problems.

I am employed full time by The MITRE Corporation, a US federally funded
non-profit organization in which I mostly work in the defense sector. I've
been with MITRE for ~14 years. I've been fortunate lately to work on
projects that fund my open-source geospatial work.  I conduct Solr training
at MITRE (1 day and 2-day classes), and I'm sort of a search consultant
within MITRE, advising MITRE and its government clients.  For 6 months, I
have also been working part-time for OpenSource Connections as a search

At home, I'm married with two kids: Adeline who is 10 months old (she's in
my arms sleeping as I write this) and Camille who is 2 years 10 months old.
I don't know how I found the time to write a book, but now that it's done,
I'm on full parental duty when at home.  For fun, I like to follow Starcraft
2 professional e-sports.  It's conveniently something I can do while I hold
a baby; playing the game isn't, unfortuantely.

I look forward to meeting you all at Lucene Revolution in May!  I live close
by in Lowell.

 David Smiley

Sent from the Lucene - Java Developer mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]<x-msg://154/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3733295&i=1>
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<x-msg://154/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3733295&i=2>

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Lucid Certified
Apache Lucene/Solr Developer
Grid Dynamics

<>[hidden email]<x-msg://154/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3733295&i=3>

To unsubscribe from Welcome David Smiley, click here<>.

View raw message