lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing our Wiki software?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 20:58:47 GMT
I think that's a popular and superior model - committers have access and users can leave comments.
If that means we start making committers out of heavy doc helpers, that seems like a plus
to me.

On Feb 9, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2012, at 7:35 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> We should also consider having part of the wiki "committers only" (or
>> others that we decide to give access).  Just as with our code
>> development, it doesn't always make sense to completely crowd-source
>> documentation.
>
> I could see that we move "official docs" to the CMS and leave the wiki for new things,
etc. and for user generated recipes, etc.

> I'm having a discussion on site-dev@ about how we might be able to incorporate some type
of commenting system (disqus, perhaps) into the CMS so that we can have people comment on
CMS pages -- assuming we put up a more coherent ref. guide there.