lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:23:19 GMT
Will try to address it.  Patches welcome ;-)

Busy brushing off my CSS skills...

On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Walter Underwood wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2012, at 4:14 AM, Doron Cohen wrote:
>
>> the text I see (tried 3 browsers) is a bit Gray (or faded), and I rather read a page
with more contrast between the text and the background, more clear to my eyes this way, but
this is just my personal preference, it seems others do not feel that way, so I'm okay with
this.  Hopefully this is more clear now?

> I agree. The body text is tiny and low contrast. Poor accessibility for anyone with low
vision, including normal aging.

> Compare to the current site, which isn't large body text by any measure, but is bigger
and full-contrast.

> Personally, I'd go with a serif font, but that is mostly preference. Letterforms are
more differentiated with serifs, so it is just less work to read.

> wunder
> --
> Walter Underwood
> wunder@wunderwood.org