lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: undeleteAll() and delete(int) in trunk?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:22:31 GMT
On 24/02/2012 22:15, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> IndexReader is ReadOnly now. you can't undelete / delete by DocID
> anymore. The norms hell is gone too and should be implemented via
> DocValues and IW. there are thoughts and issues open which I don't
> recall from the top of my head.
>
> hope that give some clarification

Not really. I get the first part about readers being read-only, that's
fine. But it's still not clear to me how to use IndexWriter (or some
other api) to undeleteAll, delete by docId, or modify norms without
updating a document - all of which was possible in 3.x and had real use
cases.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><