lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: lucene-solr pull request: Fixing typo in example schema: 'salves' => 'slaves'
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:20:32 GMT
I did notice that according to the post you linked to, Spring also
requires an additional step beyond a pull-request to document license
compliance:

I skirted over this in the article, but it's an important point. In
general, I'd like to see release change management be built right into
the contribution process. The same goes for Contributor License
Agreement (CLA) processing. I do not think we should be sending
contributors to three different places (e.g. Github to submit a pull
request, JIRA to create a issue containing duplicate information, and
springsource.org to sign the CLA). It should be one integrated,
streamlined process with no duplication.

It's my understanding Github has some nice hooks for customization, and
we should look into those. For the time being, the project teams will
need to manually ensure changes applied from pull requests get tracked
with the release(s) they are included in. In addition, project teams
will need to verify each contributor has signed a CLA to ensure all code
contributions are clean from a licensing perspective.