lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Cabrera <calcmaste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing our Wiki software?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 03:28:39 GMT
On 02/07/2012 09:09 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> As long as I'm talking about possible improvements I'd like to work on:
>
> Anyone else have an itch to dump moin moin for confluence? I've used both, and I think
that confluence is just far superior.

> Also, moin moin has a very dated look, and it's hard to make modern looking wiki pages
- confluence looks much more modern in general, and its just easier to do most things. This
is something I've been thinking about for a couple years now.

> Getting a confluence wiki seems as simple as opening an infra JIRA. I think I've seen
there may be some ways to transfer content as well. Perhaps someone else knows more. But even
if there is not, I'd be for a manual migration (and would contribute towards that). There
are other issues around old links and what not, but I think others have made this move, so
perhaps there are acceptable ways to mitigate that pain?

> - Mark Miller
> lucidimagination.com

I can't speak directly from experience with confluence, but it looks more professional and
modern in comparison to moin moin. I could help with the manual migration if need.

--
Joe Cabrera