lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:13:40 GMT
On Feb 1, 2012, at 4:14 AM, Doron Cohen wrote:

> the text I see (tried 3 browsers) is a bit Gray (or faded), and I rather read a page
with more contrast between the text and the background, more clear to my eyes this way, but
this is just my personal preference, it seems others do not feel that way, so I'm okay with
this.  Hopefully this is more clear now?

I agree. The body text is tiny and low contrast. Poor accessibility for anyone with low vision,
including normal aging.

Compare to the current site, which isn't large body text by any measure, but is bigger and
full-contrast.

Personally, I'd go with a serif font, but that is mostly preference. Letterforms are more
differentiated with serifs, so it is just less work to read.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org