lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing our Wiki software?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:20:02 GMT
Couldn't the wiki be the home of comments, barring any other technology being a better solution?
 Simply provide a link to the wiki page with the same name as the CMS page.

	Erik

On Feb 9, 2012, at 15:58 , Mark Miller wrote:

> I think that's a popular and superior model - committers have access and users can leave
comments. If that means we start making committers out of heavy doc helpers, that seems like
a plus to me.

> On Feb 9, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 8, 2012, at 7:35 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>>
>>> We should also consider having part of the wiki "committers only" (or
>>> others that we decide to give access).  Just as with our code
>>> development, it doesn't always make sense to completely crowd-source
>>> documentation.
>>
>> I could see that we move "official docs" to the CMS and leave the wiki for new things,
etc. and for user generated recipes, etc.

>> I'm having a discussion on site-dev@ about how we might be able to incorporate some
type of commenting system (disqus, perhaps) into the CMS so that we can have people comment
on CMS pages -- assuming we put up a more coherent ref. guide there.