lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "David Smiley (" <>
Subject CMS peer review process
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:31:31 GMT
What shall be the procedure of peer review of CMS website changes? Is it
examine patches in JIRA just like source code is, or is it to commit changes
and observe them on the staging server ?
(or perhaps it depends)

I like these things about the CMS:
* Stuff is staged first, providing an opportunity to revert or modify
something before it's public (published).
* The staging server means people can visually see the effect.  Fairly
important for a CMS.
* Being SVN based, if someone wants to see what I did, they can simply use
conventional SVN tooling.

IMO, because of these benefits, we probably don't need to bother with using
patches and JIRA.

p.s. I already did a quick edit to the website to get my name in the
committer list.  It's staged; I don't have publishing permissions (AFAIK, I
didn't try).

~ David

Sent from the Lucene - Java Developer mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message