lucene-dev mailing list archives

From neerajshah84 <neerajsha...@gmail.com>
Subject we are using lucene search engine. While searching a word - is there a way by which we can get the exact line within the text (location of that word) in the whole document...
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 06:53:26 GMT
we are using lucene search engine. While searching a word - is there a way by
which we can get the exact line within the text (location of that word) in
the whole document...

when i search using lucene index, i got information like number of hits,file
name,file location for the search term.
Is there any way in lucene through which we can get the location of that
line or word in file that contains the searchable word/term?
And put that information in lucene index so that when user searchs a
particular word using index, the result will also show that particular line
which contains the search term.
How do i do that