lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <>
Subject RE: [important] Refactoring of tests infrastructure.
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:22:17 GMT
> > I mean "reproducibility bugs" where somehow a test doesn't reproduce
> > because of bugs in LuceneTestCase :)
> Oh no -- the whole point of all this is so that we have 100% reproducibility (is
> there even a word like that?) or failures saying something like: "this random
> shouldn't be shared and is, fix your test case named: ...".

:-) It would be great if we could ever have that, but I don’t think that’s possible! Most
non-reproducibility in Lucene came from multi-threaded tests where the different threads interact
with each other... And that cannot be solved in any case without serial execution.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message