lucene-dev mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Solr plugin component resource cleanup?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:02:15 GMT
This works fine for a SearchComponent, but if I try this for a QParserPlugin I get the following:

    [junit] org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid 'Aware' object: org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFQParserPlugin@18941f7
-- org.apache.solr.util.plugin.SolrCoreAware must be an instance of: [org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler]
[org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriter] [org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchComponent]
[org.apache.solr.update.processor.UpdateRequestProcessorFactory] [org.apache.solr.handler.component.ShardHandlerFactory]

Any further suggestions?

Karl

From: ext Chris Hostetter [hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:19 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr plugin component resource cleanup?

take a look at the "CloseHook" API and SolrCore.addCloseHook(...)

: Is there a preferred time/manner for a Solr component (e.g. a
: SearchComponent) to clean up resources that have been allocated during
: the time of its existence, other than via a finalizer?  There seems to
: be nothing for this in the NamedListInitializedPlugin interface, and yet
: if you allocate a resource the test framework warns you about it.

-Hoss