lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting incremental output from our tests
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:23:40 GMT
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Should we add a tests.console or tests.buffer property to control this
>>> from the command line?
>>>

>> Can't we just turn it on if you use -Dtestcase? this seems to work well for me:
>
> That was my first thought, but then I thought that someone might still
> want a nice output file to attach to issues, etc.
> If just redirecting the ant output to a file is acceptable, then this
> would be a good solution.

Also, what about the output is not nice? I tested this locally and I
think the output looks fine, its a good solution since it bypasses the
formatter.

I don't understand the theoretical? 'use case' of nice output file to
attach to issues, the output looks pretty much the same to me, only
when you run a single test you don't have to wait...

--
lucidimagination.com