lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My role
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 02:52:13 GMT
Mikhail:

Fair warning. I know nothing, zero, zilch about DIH so as far as code
reviews etc, I can do some
superficial stuff, but a deep understanding of DIH is not something I
can provide.

What I can do is help nudge it along, test, do the gruntwork that goes
with actually checking
something in. Here's what I propose (and I confess I haven't looked at
the bugs yet tonight,
I won't have time until tomorrow).

Let's get on those bugs, and nudge them along. We can gently prompt
the people who *do*
know to provide some guidance and then we can see if we can get these
committed. It'll
take some persistence on your part, what I'm hoping most to provide is
closure when
a consensus is reached that they're ready to commit.

And thanks for being willing to work on the *hard* parts. Threading is
notorious for
having ugly, hard-to-find bugs....

Best
Erick