lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject does lucene3x codec still need to intern field names?
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:20:35 GMT
I know we removed string interning in trunk, but it might come as a
surprise to users trying out trunk on an existing index that this
codec is still interning their field names.

Does Lucene3x codec really need to intern field names? Does it rely
upon this and is this actually even working correctly today
(especially since the interning does not happen in Term etc)?

Maybe it only appears to be working since our tests always use string
constants for field names... can we change LuceneTestCase.newField()
to sometimes take the input string and use a non-interned equivalent?
and what about at query time?

--
lucidimagination.com