lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.v.gronin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stats per group with StatsComponent?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:58:04 GMT
Hi Morten,

I missed your question on the user mailing list. Here is my answer:

With the StatsComponent this isn't possible at the moment. The
StatsComponent will give you the min / max of field for the whole
query result.
If you want the min / max value per group you'll need to do some
coding. The grouping logic is executed inside Lucene collectors
located in the
grouping module. You'll need to create a new second pass collector
that computes the min / max for the top N groups. This collector then
needs to
be wired up in Solr. The AbstractSecondPassGroupingCollector is
something you can take a look at. It collects the top documents for
the top N groups.

You don't need to have a patch to open an issue. Just open an issue
with a good description and maybe some implementation details.

Martijn

On 30 November 2011 14:25, Morten Lied Johansen <mortenjo@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I posted the below mail to the solr-user list a little over a week ago.
> Since there has been no response, we assume this means that what we need is
> not currently possible.
>
> We need this functionality, and are willing to put in time and effort to
> implement it, but could use some pointers to where it would be natural to
> add this, and ideas for how to best solve it.
>
> I'm also wondering if I should create an issue in JIRA right away, or if I
> should wait until we have a first patch ready?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen