lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hoss Man (Updated) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-2829) Filter queries have false-positive matches. Exposed by user's list titled "Regarding geodist and multiple location fields"
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 02:50:32 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2829?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Hoss Man updated SOLR-2829:
---------------------------

    Attachment: SOLR-2829.patch

Oh man ... it's a fucking precendence problem.

"&&" binds more tightly then "?:" ... so NumericFieldCacheSource.equals() method has
been returning false anytime the objects are actually equal, and true anytime the creators
classes are equal.

wonder how badly that's been fucking up cache hit rates.

updated patch makes the test work by fixing NumericFieldCacheSource w/o an explicit field
check in LatLonType, but i still think we need to fix all these equals -- right now they read
about as cleaning as smeared shit:

* every class should call super.equals _first_
* base classes should be checking '{{this.getClass == o.getClass()}}' (not just '{{o instanceof
FieldCacheSource}}') so that subclasses don't have to duplicate class checking
* classes with complex members (like NumericFieldCacheSource's CachedArrayCreator<T>
creator) should delegate to the member's .equals method, not check the member's properties
directly.

(unless you know of some reason why NumericFieldCacheSource should only care about equality
on this.creator.getClass() instead of this.creator ?)
                
> Filter queries have false-positive matches. Exposed by user's list titled "Regarding
geodist and multiple location fields"
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2829
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2829
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: search
>    Affects Versions: 3.4, 4.0
>         Environment: N/A
>            Reporter: Erick Erickson
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 3.5
>
>         Attachments: SOLR-2829.patch, SOLR-2829.patch, SOLR-2829.patch
>
>
> I don't know how generic this is, whether it's just a
> problem with fqs when combined with spatial or whether
> it has wider applicability , but here's what I know so far.
> Marc Tinnemeyer in a post titled:
> "Regarding geodist and multiple location fields"
> outlines this. I checked this on 3.4 and trunk and it's
> weird in both cases.
> HOLD THE PRESSES:
> After looking at this a bit more, it looks like a caching
> issue, NOT a geodist issue. When I bounce Solr
> between changing the sfield from "home" to "work",
> it seems to work as expected.
> Hmmmm, very strange. If I comment out BOTH
> the filterCache and queryResultCache then it works
> fine. Switching from "home" to "work" in the query
> finds/fails to find the document.
> But commenting out only one of those caches
> doesn't fix the problem.
> on trunk I used this query; just flipping "home" to "work" and back:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=id:1&fq={!geofilt sfield=home
> pt=52.67,7.30 d=5}
> The info below is what I used to test.
> From Marc's posts:
> <field name="home" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> <field name="work" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> <field name="elsewhere" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> At first I thought so too. Here is a simple document.
> <add>
>       <doc>
>               <field name="id">1</field>
>               <field name="name">first</field>
>               <field name="work">48.60,11.61</field>
>               <field name="home">52.67,7.30</field>
>       </doc>
> </add>
> and here is the result that shouldn't be:
> <response>
> ...
> <str name="q">*:*</str>
> <str name="fq">{!geofilt sfield=work pt=52.67,7.30 d=5}</str>
> ...
> </lst>
> </lst>
> <result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
> <doc>
> <str name="home">52.67,7.30</str>
> <str name="id">1</str>
> <str name="name">first</str>
> <str name="work">48.60,11.61</str>
> </doc>
> </result>
> </response>
> ****Yonik's comment******
> It's going to be a bug in an equals() implementation somewhere in the query.
> The top level equals will be SpatialDistanceQuery.equals() (from
> LatLonField.java)
> On trunk, I already see a bug introduced when the new lucene field
> cache stuff was done.
> DoubleValueSource now just inherits it's equals method from
> NumericFieldCacheSource... and that equals() method only tests if the
> CachedArrayCreator.getClass() is the same!  That's definitely wrong.
> I don't know why 3x would also have this behavior (unless there's more
> than one bug!)
> Anyway, first step is to modify the spatial tests to catch the bug...
> from there it should be pretty easy to debug.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message