lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Espina <espinaemman...@gmail.com>
Subject DoubleValueSource has a wrong equals method
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:34:57 GMT
>From a comment of Yonik in SOLR-2829, it seems that DoubleValueSource is not
using the appropriate approach to compare equality.

Yonik's comment:

"On trunk, I already see a bug introduced when the new Lucene field cache
stuff was done. DoubleValueSource now just inherits it's equals method
from NumericFieldCacheSource... and that equals() method only tests if
the CachedArrayCreator.getClass() is the same! That's definitely wrong."

My question is whether this should be reported as a new issue in jira
(something I can do) or continue in SOLR-2829. I think that is pretty
obvious that it is something different but I want your opinion.

 Thanks

Emmanuel