lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erick Erickson <>
Subject Spatial issue from user's list
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:28:07 GMT
Marc Tinnemeyer in a post titled:

"Regarding geodist and multiple location fields"
outlines this. I checked this on 3.4 and trunk and it's
weird in both cases.

After looking at this a bit more, it looks like a caching
issue, NOT a geodist issue. When I bounce Solr
between changing the sfield from "home" to "work",
it seems to work as expected.

Hmmmm, very strange. If I comment out BOTH
the filterCache and queryResultCache then it works
fine. Switching from "home" to "work" in the query
finds/fails to find the document
But commenting out only one of those caches
doesn't fix the problem.

Should I raise a JIRA?

on trunk I used this query, just flipping "home" to "work" and back:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=id:1&fq={!geofilt sfield=home
pt=52.67,7.30 d=5}

The info below is what I used to test.

>From Marc's posts:

<field name="home" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="work" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="elsewhere" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

At first I thought so too. Here is a simple document.

               <field name="id">1</field>
               <field name="name">first</field>
               <field name="work">48.60,11.61</field>
               <field name="home">52.67,7.30</field>

and here is the result that shouldn't be:

<str name="q">*:*</str>
<str name="fq">{!geofilt sfield=work pt=52.67,7.30 d=5}</str>
<result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
<str name="home">52.67,7.30</str>
<str name="id">1</str>
<str name="name">first</str>
<str name="work">48.60,11.61</str>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message