lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Escaping special character -
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:31:19 GMT
Right, term queries are NOT parsed, they assume you've
already done that (which you have in this case). which is
why you're finding that document with term query.

So take a look at the query explain (toString?) and see
what the query is actually being parsed as. My guess is that
StandardAnalyzer is splitting this into two tokens so you're
not matching.

There are two issues here. Escaping the - is just making it so
that the query parser doesn't interpret the hyphen as a NOT
operator. That says nothing about how the tokenizer (standard)
is breaking up the term after that. I expect you'd get your
expected results if you used, say, WhitespaceTokenizer...

Best
Erick