lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Weird stuff in test framework
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:41:34 GMT
[Don't know if this made it through, I might have sent it from a wrong
e-mail address...]

As part of working on LUCENE-3492 I've been copy-pasting chunks of
existing code. If you can peek at the diff in the attachment some of
the things got me thinking...= One seems to be a bug/ overlook (unused
parameter), but the other is my personal candidate for the most weird
snippet of the month :)

        int newInt = new Random().nextInt();
        counter = ((newInt / 65535) & 0xFFFF) + 0x2710;

Was this intentional? Who wrote that and, most of all, what is it
intended to do? :)

Dawid