lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: DoubleValueSource has a wrong equals method
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:43:36 GMT
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Emmanuel Espina
<espinaemmanuel@gmail.com> wrote:
> From a comment of Yonik in SOLR-2829, it seems that DoubleValueSource is not
> using the appropriate approach to compare equality.
>
> Yonik's comment:
>
> "On trunk, I already see a bug introduced when the new Lucene field cache
> stuff was done. DoubleValueSource now just inherits it's equals method
> from NumericFieldCacheSource... and that equals() method only tests if
> the CachedArrayCreator.getClass() is the same! That's definitely wrong."

Although something is still quite wrong, I missed that
NumericFieldCacheSource.equals() calls FieldCacheSource.equals(),
which does check the field name.

> My question is whether this should be reported as a new issue in jira
> (something I can do) or continue in SOLR-2829. I think that is pretty
> obvious that it is something different but I want your opinion.

Just use SOLR-2829... the issue with geofilt is just the most obvious
symptom of this larger bug.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com