lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Heap space
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:36:02 GMT
hey roberto,

welcome to lucene! :)

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM, roberto.minelli@usi.ch
<roberto.minelli@usi.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a Master student in Switzerland and I'm new to Lucene.
>
> In one of my courses I was asked to choose one large open source software, find a bug
on the issue tracker and manage to fix it.
> I already have some discussion with Mr. Rowe that helped me in categorizing the issues.
I really appreciated that.

> I checked out the code, run the 'ant clean test' and the build was successful.
> I ran the 'ant idea' and imported the project to IntelliJ Idea 10.5.
>
> While running the test suites 3 test cases failed:
> - testLexicon
> - testMinimizeHuge
> - testIntOverflow
>
> The error is a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

ant will give the tests 512MB heapspace and some of the tests go near
this during execution. Yet, your IDE might not provide enough
heapspace so you should try to figure out how to give junit more
heapspace when running. The reason why those test didn't fail when you
run them in isolation might be due to our randomized testing. We
select a lot of things at random which gives you basically a different
setup for each run.

> However running those test cases alone do not raise the issue.
>
> I''m new to Idea and I was wondering if someone can either help me in solving this issue
or help me out in the Eclipse configuration.

when you run ant eclipse what do you mean by not as clean? can yo
gimme more details? Sorry I can not help with IDEA :)

simon

> I tried the 'ant eclipse' but the project generated is not as clean as the one for Idea.
I dunno if I did something badly.