lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.v.gronin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for Feedback for Patch to Allow DIH to Archive Files
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:29:52 GMT
Hi Josh,

I think this functionality is useful. I'd create an Jira issue and
attach your code as a patch. I think that the functionality should be
added to the FileListEntityProcessor since it seems to be a more
natural place for it. Maybe we need something more generic, like a
post action if a file has been processed.

Martijn

On 24 October 2011 21:31, Josh Harness <josh.harness@jtv.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
>      We are using SOLR to process XML input files using the Data Import
> Handler. I didn't see a way to move the xml files out of the way after
> processing, so I wrote a small extension to allow this. The "How to
> Contribute" page says to pitch the request to the developer list in order to
> decide whether or not to submit a patch. As such, here goes:
>
>      The new code basically extends FileDataSource and wraps the underlying
> reader such that when the "close" method on the input stream is called, the
> file is moved to a configurable archive directory. It is unclear to me
> whether this is the correct place to put it (I pondered changing the
> FileListEntityProcessor but this somehow felt safer). I realize that a more
> robust implementation would consider the success status of the file being
> processed and would also allow for configurable policies rather than a
> concrete implementation. Nonetheless, I didn't want the perfect to be the
> enemy of the good.
>
>      Please peruse the attached source code file and provide feedback as to
> the merit of the idea, whether I ought to submit a JIRA ticket/patch and if
> my approach is correct.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Josh Harness

Met vriendelijke groet,