lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "bronco (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-2817) Search result with grouping activated delivers wrong numFound value and breaks pager.
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 03:13:31 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2817?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13123358#comment-13123358
] 

bronco commented on SOLR-2817:
------------------------------

Ahhhhhaaaa! Thx for your clear explanation. I used the group.ngroups=true and it really shows
the results as expected and I thought it would change also the numFound value, because these
are real available documents in my case. 

Conclusion: I have to talk to the Drupal developers because its a parsing problem of the resultset,
but didn't break that the numFound functionality? I mean it makes the use of the numFound
value in relation with the group.main=true function senseless. You will always get the wrong
number of found results / documents, whatever you try.

Also you can see in the grouping resultset without group.main=true is the numFound entry correct
(with group.ngroups=true also without that setting in my case). Wouldn't it be a good idea
to get another option for example group.main.numFound=true to overwrite the numFound values
if I use the group.main functionality? 

I understand the group.main=true setting just as a simple output transformer. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing

I think it's easier for me :-) of course but also for all the projects which use the Apache
Solr PHP Library like in my case the Drupal community. Nothing has to be changed and proofed
and works as expected but gets another usefull feature out of the box and which is still easy
to implement in the existing system! 

Of course it didn't solve all problems and still limits the usecase with the group.main=true
setting. Specially if you extend the grouping functionality with more features as you say,
but I think this is another thing and should be discussed if the new feature is available.



                
> Search result with grouping activated delivers wrong numFound value and breaks pager.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2817
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2817
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 3.4
>            Reporter: bronco
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: grouping, solr
>
> I use the 3.4 brach of solr for grouping my results, but obviously there is something
wrong in my eyes. If I activate the grouping functionality I get the expected results. In
my case for example 4 rows, but the the numFound value says it has 26 results. 
> This result is used by the Apache Solr Library in Drupal to calculate the correct pager
on my website. Now I get a search result page with 4 results and a confused pager with 3 more
steps to not existing search pages.
> I try a lot of things including using a facet and all the other suggested things by google
but I couldn't change the numFound value to the correct one in my case.
> If I not use the group.main=true setting including a facet I get in the facet conclusion
the correct values of found results but it also say matches 6 (numFound=6). The Apache Solr
Library make it nesessary to use the group.main=true setting because without this value the
library is not able to parse the resultset. So I get always an empty website without any results
even solr answers correctly.
> Is it somehow possible to change the numFound value to the correct one of the group count
result. I think nobody groups a field and shows maybe 10 entries which belong to the request
and tell the user we have 200 other things which are not interesting you. But I have to tell
you... 
> Any help is apreciated to get some understanding why solr delivers me this numFound result
and how to fix this issue.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message