lucene-dev mailing list archives

From DM Smith <dmsmith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accessing the query string from inside TokenFilter
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:36:34 GMT
Just a thought:

One way to maintain backward compatibility would be to have a two stage parser. The first
stage does the breaking of the input on keywords. The second does the rest of the work that
the current qp does. Those that want to have the old behavior use both stages, but those that
want the new behavior use just the first stage.

For analyzers such as Standard, Simple, ..., could use the two stage for the sake of backward
compatibility.

-- DM