lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Poulton, Gareth | Gareth | DU" <gareth.poul...@mail.rakuten.com>
Subject Field update (SOLR139, SOLR828)
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:09:14 GMT
Hi,
I’d like to do bulk updating on a single field, i.e. provide a field name once and then
a long list of document ids and values to update only that field and leaving the others intact.
I noticed SOLR139 / 828.

If I’m reading this correctly it looks as though it was abandoned three years ago; was this
because the authors lost interest, or because some fundamental flaw was discovered in the
approach, or something else? Is it currently in a usable state? Is it worth my while trying
to make it work or would I be better off doing something from scratch? Any advice would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gareth Poulton | ポルトン ガレフ
楽天・開発部・次世代サーチグループ