lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Toy <>
Subject I think I've found a bug with filter queries and joins
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:32:57 GMT
I'm testing out the join functionality on the svn revision 1175424.
I've found when I add a single filter query to a join it works fine, but
when I do more then 1 filter query, the query does not return results.

This single function query with a join returns results:{!join+from%3Dself_id_i+to%3Duser_id_i}all_posts_text:%22lucene%22<!join+from=self_id_i+to=twitter_user_id_i%7Dall_lists_text:%22startups%22>

This other single function query with a join returns the same results:{!join+from%3Dself_id_i+to%3Duser_id_i}all_posts_text:%22lucene%22

when I combine them there are no results:{!join+from%3Dself_id_i+to%3Duser_id_i}all_posts_text:%22lucene%22

I think I see where the issue possibly is.

I have 2 kinds of docs, User, and Post.

User has the fields:

 Post has the fields

Of the 2 filter queries I have, each one is filtering on a different doc
type, state_s:California is filtering on User and data_text:solr is
filtering on Post.  How do I tell solr which docs the filters are supposed
to be applied, before or after the join.

The same results should be returned in the combined filter queries. I assume
there is some a bug or issue here? Can anyone else confirm this and if so I
can create a ticket.

View raw message