lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Analyzers and sorting with a custom analysis chain
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 02:47:34 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I'm left with childrenshospitallosangeles as a single token resultant from the chain.
> So, when I go to sort the titles in Solr, I use sort=title_sort asc, and I am getting
all kinds of weird results when doing
> a query.

Hmmm, a random guess would be that perhaps your analysis chain is
actually producing more than one token per document.   The lucene
FieldCache takes the highest for each document (just a non-intended
side-effect of how the FieldCache entry is populated by enumerating
terms).

Try adding fsv=true to your request.  It's an undocumented feature
used in distributed search (it stands for field sort values) used to
collate results from different shards.  It should add "sort_values" to
your response to tell you the sort values for each document.

-Yonik
http://www.lucene-eurocon.com - The Lucene/Solr User Conference