lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: Analyzers and sorting with a custom analysis chain
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 04:17:55 GMT
On Sep 2, 2011, at 8:53 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:

> I think in spelling this out though, I might have elaborated my problem. Since
> the method I call in the constructor for my CombiningFilter is super(mergeStreamTokens(in))
> where mergeStreamTokens is a static method, I think I might have consumed the input
> TokenStream by the time it gets called for the sort. It works on analysis.jsp probably

> because the stream isn't re-consumed? Not sure, something wiggy is going on.

OK scratch that. B/c I was creating a new KeywordTokenizer and then returning that
as the *new* input TokenStream, it was creating a new stream that could be consumed
via incrementToken, so that wasn't it. Must be something else.

Will keep digging.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246