lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr Tests in trunk SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:20:58 GMT

: I'm quoting you here: SolrExampleJettyTest.testUnicode     - 2 hr 50
: min of 3 hr 43 min total
:
: I did subtraction... so the other test methods in this single class
: are doing *something* for nearly an hour here.

i don't disagree with you ... i just didn't understand your "9 + 47 + 53"
comment.

Like i said: something, somewhere, is huting these example tests (on
*some* hardware), and it just happens to be hurting testUnicode the worst
.... i suspect it may just be because testUnicode does random looping so
any overhead on an action in that test (connecting to the server, deleting
all, adding docs, commiting, etc...) would be a lot more pronounced and
noticable.

but what really confuses me is why only some subclasses (like
SolrExampleEmbeddedTest) see these really long times, and others
(like SolrExampleStreamingTest) don't ... a test that streams the data
over HTTP takes 1.5 minutes, but the same test using an embedded method
call to do the same actions takes 2.5 hours?  WTF?!?!

-Hoss