lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr QueryResultKey hashCode() and equals()
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:52:45 GMT

: with cache warming in Solr I found that the order of the Query objects
: within the filters list makes a difference to the equals() and hashCode()
: methods.
: I found that it resulted in a cache miss for two queries that have the same
: results just because the filters had a different ordering. Am I missing
: something or is there an opportunity to improve the chance of matching cache
: entries?

I haven't dug into the code, but i suspect you are probably correct.

Please open an issue drawing attention to this, but off the top of my head
I'm not sure if there is a practical solution inside Solr -- Query classes
aren't Comparable, so we can't do anythin simple like sort the List
when executing the query or building the cache key.

-Hoss