lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1152673 - /lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x/lucene/src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/Tes tPayloads.java
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 02:33:24 GMT
On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> : fix test to not create invalid unicode
>
> I'm confused ... when/why does randomFixedByteLengthUnicodeString not
> return valid unicode?

I'm confused too, but all of the issues are with replacement chars for
invalid unicode:

Since the intent of this test is to test thread safety, not to test
unicode enc/dec back and forth, I switched it to ascii until the test
grows up (e.g. trunk, which now uses full unicode range correctly,
maybe I backported this wrong before)

--
lucidimagination.com