lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LevenshteinAutomata challenge
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:05:08 GMT
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM, eks dev <eksdev@googlemail.com> wrote:

> in order to support transposition in the first two characters like in
> my example, you would need Lev. Automaton that has maxDistance 2,

Actually this isn't true: we can implement the variant where
transpositions are a basic edit operation:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.16.652 (Chapter 7)

I think this transpositions variant would really be more ideal for
spellchecking.
I think it would actually be best/easiest if this was implemented in
python in moman: https://bitbucket.org/jpbarrette/moman/

Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre has told me before he was interested
in implementing it, but I think his time is limited, though if you
don't want to implement it, you could let him know are interested.

--
lucidimagination.com