lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new AutomatonQuery(RunAutomaton) ?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:45:10 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:37 PM, eks dev <eksdev@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Keeping AutomatonQuery around came to me as an option, but do not
> forget, I need Automaton (RunAutomaton) for post processing... There
> is no way to get Automaton back from the AutomatonQuery?

The compiled automaton is not always a RunAutomaton, sometimes its
internal representation is something even simpler :)
Additionally, when it is a RunAutomaton, its a UTF-8 one, for
operating directly on bytes...

Can you describe a little bit about what 'post processing' you need to
do? I imagine its post processing on something other than the terms?

--
lucidimagination.com