lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Accept Kuromoji code donation to Apache Lucene
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:53:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2011, at 4:34 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>> OK, so I'm +1 to the idea, pending the IP, licenses, etc. check out.
>> as far as I understand the process here this vote is only to show that
>> we basically accept this contribution so this has no direct impact on
>> accepting the grant or anything like that.
>
> Correct and I'm saying I'm withholding my vote that we accept it until the IP clears.
 The whole vote is moot if the licenses don't check out and we can't accept it due to legal
issues.

I'm not sure this is a total dealbreaker If the IP on IPADIC doesn't
check out. Worst case, we could do the modifications and initially
only support naist-jdic (pure BSD license):
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/naist-jdic/
Not ideal, but still an escape hatch for the worst-case.

--
lucidimagination.com