lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Srini <aravind.treasur...@gmail.com>
Subject solr - httpclient from 3.x to 4.1.x
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 06:57:38 GMT
Solr Server and hence, solrj, depends on commons-httpclient at the moment.
 As we use the various solrj libraries in our app, we are using httpclient
4.1.x (eol has been announced for httpclient 3.x sometime ago).

Going through archives, I see some interest expressed in the form of
SOLR-861, say to move to httpclient 4.1.x codebase. I am trying to
understand the sense of the community towards that long pending migration
and am willing to work on the patch, but am interested in knowing some
thoughts before I spend time on the same. Thanks !