lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian O'Neill" <bone...@healthmarketscience.com>
Subject RE: Could possible donate webapp for dynamic core create/deletion.
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:25:52 GMT
Sure thing...

Basically, we mimicked the core creation script and procedure described
here:

http://blog.dustinrue.com/archives/690

We wrapped it that process in a RESTful web service.  A client can post
a schema to the  service, which will create the file for you then POST
to SOLR to create the core.  The web service is configured using a
properties file right now, which among other things has a list of hosts.
It will loop through the hosts and perform this operation on each host.
If one fails, it rolls the core creation back on each host.

If you want, I could pass along the WADL that we have for the service.

-brian