lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser names
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 05:19:44 GMT
Hi Chris,

I hate to add confusion to this, but I wonder, do we have an idea how
many modules will need to interact with a queryparser?
If so, it might be worth making a simple abstract or even interface
queryparser in core with something like Query parse(String text)
throws ParseException

This could be overkill, but it would allow modules that need to use
this stuff to depend upon the interface, not the implementation...
again feel free to ignore me, but this is how we pulled this off with
Analyzer.

Otherwise, another idea you could consider is naming the surround one
SurroundQueryParser?