lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adriano Crestani <adrianocrest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser names
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 05:26:35 GMT
Are there any plans to change the package name as well? If not , I don't see
any reason to change surround.QueryParser to SurroundQueryParser, since all
"QueryParser" classes are in different packages. The only advantage is less
confusion for the user.

StandardQueryParser and core.QueryParser have (or should have) the same
behavior. The difference is that StandardQueryParser has a more flexible
API. So I am not sure how you would rename them to reflect exactly what they
do. Suggestions?

I like the idea of creating a simple QueryParser interface as Robert
mentioned. Actually, we have something similar: SyntaxParser. Although it's
not compatible with the interface Robert mentioned.