lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New facet module
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 04:40:13 GMT
Well, the approach is entirely different, and the new module
introduces features not available in the other impls (and I imagine
vice versa).

The taxonomy is managed on the side, hence why it is global to the
'content' index. It plays very well with NRT, and we in fact have
several apps that use the module in an NRT environment.

The taxonomy index supports NRT by itself, by using the IR.open(IW)
API and then it's up to the application to manage its content index
search as NRT.

I think you should read the high-level description I put on
LUCENE-3079 and the userguide I put on LUCENE-3261. As I said, the
approach is quite different than the bitset and FieldCache ones.

Shai