lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Getting patches (with tests!) committed
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:08:34 GMT
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Smiley, David W. <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2011, at 6:44 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>
>> In the past I've had to ping the dev list with an "include patch XYZ
>> please" message....
>
> Yeah... doesn't that strike you as a problem though?

Actually I think gentle-nagging is an incredibly important part of OS
(and, life in general).  The process here is not perfect -- we all
have our ways of tracking TODOs, but, inevitably, often, things fall
past the event horizon on anyone's TODO list, and gentle nagging /
bump is very much appreciated to bring attention back, but
unfortunately not done nearly often enough.

That said, we of course will also forever need more committers...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com