lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shalin Shekhar Mangar (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-2623) Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:29:16 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2623?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13061190#comment-13061190
] 

Shalin Shekhar Mangar commented on SOLR-2623:
---------------------------------------------

There's another bug with core reload that I found while running Alexey's test. Suppose there's
only one core with name "X" and you reload "X", it then becomes registered with "" as the
core name. So all your jmx monitoring is now useless because the key names have changed.

> Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2623
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2623
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: multicore
>    Affects Versions: 1.4, 1.4.1, 3.1, 3.2
>            Reporter: Alexey Serba
>            Assignee: Shalin Shekhar Mangar
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch
>
>
> Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
> {noformat:title="Steps to reproduce"}
> sh> cd example
> sh> vi multicore/core0/conf/solrconfig.xml # enable jmx
> sh> java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
> sh> echo 'open 8842 # 8842 is java pid
> > domain solr/core0
> > beans
> > ' | java -jar jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
> ....
> solr/core0:id=core0,type=core
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler,type=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler,type=standard
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler,type=/update
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler,type=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler
> ...
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher,type=searcher
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2,type=updateHandler
> sh> curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=RELOAD&core=core0'
> sh> echo 'open 8842 # 8842 is java pid
> > domain solr/core0
> > beans
> > ' | java -jar jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
> # there's only one bean left after Solr core reload
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher,type=Searcher@2e831a91 main
> {noformat}
> The root cause of this is Solr core reload behavior:
> # create new core (which overwrites existing registered MBeans)
> # register new core and close old one (we remove/un-register MBeans on oldCore.close)
> The correct sequence is:
> # unregister MBeans from old core
> # create and register new core
> # close old core without touching MBeans

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message