lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steven Rowe (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-2623) Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:57:59 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2623?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13066532#comment-13066532
] 

Steven Rowe commented on SOLR-2623:
-----------------------------------

bq. the new test has never succeeded under Maven on branch_3x. On trunk, it succeeds. 

It failed today on the Jenkins trunk Maven build, so I guess it's not so strange: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk/189/testReport/junit/org.apache.solr.core/TestJmxIntegration/testJmxOnCoreReload/

I can cause this to fail under IntelliJ if I set the working directory to the location where
all the resources are copied to.  That is, if SolrTestCaseJ4.getFile() finds {{solr/conf/}}
in the current directory, solr home is set to {{./solr/solr/}}.

> Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2623
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2623
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: multicore
>    Affects Versions: 1.4, 1.4.1, 3.1, 3.2
>            Reporter: Alexey Serba
>            Assignee: Shalin Shekhar Mangar
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 3.4, 4.0
>
>         Attachments: SOLR-2623-branch3x.patch, SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch,
SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch
>
>
> Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
> {noformat:title="Steps to reproduce"}
> sh> cd example
> sh> vi multicore/core0/conf/solrconfig.xml # enable jmx
> sh> java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
> sh> echo 'open 8842 # 8842 is java pid
> > domain solr/core0
> > beans
> > ' | java -jar jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
> ....
> solr/core0:id=core0,type=core
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler,type=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler,type=standard
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler,type=/update
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler,type=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler
> ...
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher,type=searcher
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2,type=updateHandler
> sh> curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=RELOAD&core=core0'
> sh> echo 'open 8842 # 8842 is java pid
> > domain solr/core0
> > beans
> > ' | java -jar jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
> # there's only one bean left after Solr core reload
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher,type=Searcher@2e831a91 main
> {noformat}
> The root cause of this is Solr core reload behavior:
> # create new core (which overwrites existing registered MBeans)
> # register new core and close old one (we remove/un-register MBeans on oldCore.close)
> The correct sequence is:
> # unregister MBeans from old core
> # create and register new core
> # close old core without touching MBeans

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message