lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shalin Shekhar Mangar (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-2623) Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:02:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2623?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13063816#comment-13063816
] 

Shalin Shekhar Mangar commented on SOLR-2623:
---------------------------------------------

bq. I've noticed the same problem with JMX domain "solr/" (empty collection name) after core
reload, but I believe I fixed that problem in my patch.

I removed that part from your patch because I was not sure of its consequences. Also on reload,
it was going back to an empty string. I used to think that in 4.0, the default core would
be registered with both the original name as well as empty string but it is not so. We should
fix it but that belongs to a separate issue.

> Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2623
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2623
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: multicore
>    Affects Versions: 1.4, 1.4.1, 3.1, 3.2
>            Reporter: Alexey Serba
>            Assignee: Shalin Shekhar Mangar
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 3.4, 4.0
>
>         Attachments: SOLR-2623-branch3x.patch, SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch,
SOLR-2623.patch, SOLR-2623.patch
>
>
> Solr JMX MBeans do not survive core reloads
> {noformat:title="Steps to reproduce"}
> sh> cd example
> sh> vi multicore/core0/conf/solrconfig.xml # enable jmx
> sh> java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
> sh> echo 'open 8842 # 8842 is java pid
> > domain solr/core0
> > beans
> > ' | java -jar jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
> ....
> solr/core0:id=core0,type=core
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler,type=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler,type=standard
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler,type=/update
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler,type=org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler
> ...
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher,type=searcher
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2,type=updateHandler
> sh> curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=RELOAD&core=core0'
> sh> echo 'open 8842 # 8842 is java pid
> > domain solr/core0
> > beans
> > ' | java -jar jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
> # there's only one bean left after Solr core reload
> solr/core0:id=org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher,type=Searcher@2e831a91 main
> {noformat}
> The root cause of this is Solr core reload behavior:
> # create new core (which overwrites existing registered MBeans)
> # register new core and close old one (we remove/un-register MBeans on oldCore.close)
> The correct sequence is:
> # unregister MBeans from old core
> # create and register new core
> # close old core without touching MBeans

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message