lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Solr and Python
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 22:43:01 GMT

As I was responding on this list to Yonik yesterday about how PyLucene
couldn't really make use of the HTTP side of the Lucene/Solr project (in the
"[VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)" thread) I thought to myself
"someone, somewhere is going to do this, though".

Enter the montysolr project that embeds a CPython VM into Solr/Java VM !
    https://github.com/romanchyla/montysolr

This very much looks like something that could have been called PySolr,
PyLucene's pendant for Solr. Maybe these two projects should get merged as
well, especially since they use similar underlying techniques with JCC, but
in reverse: embedding a Python VM in Java VM [1]

   https://github.com/romanchyla/montysolr/blob/master/docs/technical-details.txt

Andi..

[1] This is a technique I had developed internally at Metaweb for
     freebase.com search (Lucene Core + Tomcat, no Solr) but thought was too
     crazy to put out in public. Not so apparently :-)