lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 01:07:20 GMT

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Andi Vajda <vajda@osafoundation.org> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> I checked out Lucene sources from the lucene_solr_3_2 branch, built PyLucene
>> from them and all tests passed.
>>
>> Thank you for having fixed the bug that prevented a lucene-only checkout
>> from building (LUCENE-3160, I believe) !
>
> Errrr, hopefully you won't have expectations of "lucene-only" in the
> future. There has been a lot of work lately to refactor parts of solr
> code to the shared modules space (i.e. it's both lucene and solr).
> It's also the case that it's step-by-step - for example code may be
> refactored to "modules" but some/much of the test code may still
> temporarily be under "solr".  It's one project now...

Yes, on trunk, I already build-in some [1] modules so it's not lucene-only
there.

As more code moves into modules, I expect that all the ones that make sense
to be compiled into PyLucene. By "make sense", I mean the ones that are not
geared towards setting up and running an HTTP search stack but that are
useful directly, from Python, as libraries.

Andi..

[1] analysis/common and analysis/smartcn